IT-IDT 8.3 Design simple webpages incorporating media elements (e.g., sound, video, graphics, text, motion graphics), navigation, and linking.
Bellbuster: Write down as many start and ending HTML tags as you can think of (you may work with a partner on this and you may use Codeacademy - BUT if you include it on your list, be prepared to explain the tag!!). The person/goup with the most tags receives Dojos and a special incentive.
- What HTML body elements aid in creating a simple web page?
- What coding element allow us to add multimedia such as image, graphics, video?
1. Complete today's bellbuster.
2. Once you have completed the bellbuster, begin on today's opening assignment. Using W3Schools Introduction to HTML tutorial and your Unit 8 notes in your online binder, answer the following questions in Google Classroom:
- What elements make up the basic structure of a web page?
- HTML is what type of language for describing web pages?
- What does the text between the <body> and </body> tag describe?
- The first tag in a pair is usually called a ________.
- What is the difference between a start tag and an end tag?
3. Once we review today's opening activity we will review our lesson reference for creating a simple HTML page. PLEASE USE THIS REFERENCE AS A STARTING POINT if necessary.
4. As a class, we will continue our work with creating our simple web page, identifying tags that we discussed in our notes last class period, and introducing the embedded video element.
5. Once we have created our page as a class, you will now create your own page, and upload it into Google Classroom. Please be certain that within your web page you have included the following:
- Basic HTML page structure
- Title of you page (You may decide this)
- heading element
- paragraph element
- image tag
- video embed
- One additional tag that you have discovered on your own via Codeacademy or W3 School
6. Record answers to today's EQ in your binder.
- Online notebook/binder