#1 - Complete the computer hardware word find.
#2 - The Future of Computer Games?
Identify, evaluate, select and use appropriate technology.
4.1 Identify hardware device functions, including peripherals devices, input devices, and portable hardware appropriate for specific tasks and emerging hardware as it impacts information technology.
4.2 Demonstrate understanding of set up a basic computer workstation. a. Identify various computer types, internal components, connectors, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, computer voltage, and power requirements.
What basic components make up computer hardware?
Students will be able to identity and list basic hardware components within a computer in order to understand how a computer operates and functions.
1. On the back of your "Name the Parts of a Computer" handout, define the terms using the "Build A Computer" interactive.
*NOTE: You may find that all of the terms on the hand out ARE NOT on the interactive. DO NOT worry about these right now. We will cover the remaining components and their definitions together as a class.
2. Once you have completed defining terms, log into Classrooms and answer the 5 questions on the "You're a Genius - You Built a Computer!" Google Doc.
3. Once you have answered all questions using complete sentences, copy and paste your answers 1-5 in a new blog post, entitled, "I'm a Computer Hardware Genius!" and turn in your
4. Students will be introduced to 10 components of computer hardware via multimedia.
5. They will be presented with a worksheet to complete this and key vocabulary words that they will need throughout the lesson.
6. Students will match vocabulary with hardware of the computer and finally transfer this in the Google Document in Google Classrooms.
Using an actual computer, students will successfully identify at least five computer components within a real computer frame.
- Parts of the Computer Handout
- Build a Computer Interactive
- Computer Tour Video
- Google Classrooms
- You're a Genius - You Built a Computer! Google Doc