Continue work in Codeacademy HTML & CSS tutorial, Section 1-Introduction to HTML. By Friday, please have the following completed under "HTML Basics"
- Introduction to HTML (Lessons 1 - 5)
- Body Elements (Lessons 6 - 8)
- Adding Images to Your Site (Lessons 9-14)
IT-WD-3 Create documents using a variety of tags following coding practices commonly used to create web pages.
- What happens when HTML meets CSS?
- How can we change the list item marker for ordered and unordered list?
- What are the varying values that can be assigned to the CSS list-style-marker property?
Students will be able to identify the association between HTML and CSS in order to create varied list style markers in ordered and unordered list.
1. We will discuss today the relationship between HTML and CSS.
2. Students will be introduced to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) inline coding through a brief presentation.
3. Students will then be given "The Big HTML" Handout and asked to add their own unique CSS. In this we understand how although we can all start out with the same basic HTML coding, once we have added unique "style" each project becomes distinct and original.
4. Students will then be given the handout "Finish the Code - Unordered List" and "Finish the Code - Ordered List".
5. We will discuss HTML Tags for each and then add to student understanding by introducing additional style markers which are unique for both ordered and unordered list. During the discussion/presentation, students should use both handouts as guided notes, and fill in missing information.
6. At the end of the discussion/presentation, students will need to code all newly learned elements in Notepad++ or Online text editor, Repl.IT. Once completed, please have Ms. Gilbert check off your work!!
7. Finally, we will complete a project using the new OL and UL elements.
- The Big HTML Handout
- Finish the Code Handout
- W3 Schools List Tutorial
- List/Unordered List Project